The Settlers 4 - modding forum

Playable dark tribe and more :)

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-22 15:17:24

UltimateSpinDash
Windows 7Firefox 60.0

Music for the playable Dark Tribe

While testing around with the Dark Tribe map "StrangeAlliance" I noticed the complete absence of music. Having personalized the game's playlists recently, I wondered if I could get the game to play music while playing as the Dark Tribe.

As it turns out, it works!
I copied the Trojan segment of the SoundTracks.cfg file and changed it like this.

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;---Dark soundtracks---
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[DARKSOUNDTRACKS_SETTLE]
{
	DARK0 = "snd/dark_tribe_01.mp3"
	DARK1 = "snd/dark_tribe_02.mp3"
}
[DARKSOUNDTRACKS_SETTLE_FADETIME]
{
	DARK0 = 0
	DARK1 = 0
}

[DARKSOUNDTRACKS_FIGHT]
{
}
[DARKSOUNDTRACKS_FIGHT_FADETIME]
{
	DARK0 = 0
	DARK1 = 0
}

[DARKSOUNDTRACKS_SEA]
{
}

[DARKSOUNDTRACKS_SEA_FADETIME]
{
	DARK0 = 0
	DARK1 = 0
}

[DARKSOUNDTRACKS_DARK]
{
}

[DARKSOUNDTRACKS_DARK_FADETIME]
{
	DARK0 = 0
	DARK1 = 0
}

This implies that in very early development, a playable Dark Tribe was on the table, so measures were taken for the game to respond to these parameters. But by the time the game's GUI was designed, the Dark Tribe was made AI-only, so it wasn't completed.

Sadly, the Dark Tribe only has two tracks, but you could have any tracks play here. I think the Evelance Themes from Settlers - Heritage of Kings could work well for the Dark Tribe.
Only problem is that the music would be constantly restarting whenever you move the camera from dark land to green land.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer