The Settlers 4 - modding forum

Playable dark tribe and more :)

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-18 19:09:55

Tarvanis
Windows 7Firefox 54.0

Widescreen Patch

This modification wasn't created by me but I thought it would be nice to have it here since this is a modding community platform.  [dblpt])

Settlers 4 Widescreen Patch is a mod made by Nicklander and enables you to play with custom (widescreen) resolution. The download contains several different versions of the same file. Have a look at the readme below to find out which one you'd like.
This mod has been tested with the Settlers 4 Gold Edition. It might not work as intended with other versions. However, I assume that it'll work with other versions as well.

The mod contains a readme. Unfortunately, it's German only. Here's a translation for you:

With the help of these files it's possible to run The Settlers 4 in the following resolutions:

1024x600
1280x720
1280x800
1366x768
1440x900
1680x1050
1920x1080
1920x1200

In order to install your preferred resolution please follow these instructions:

1. Open your preferred resolution's folder and copy the GfxEngine.dll file.

2. Open the folder "Exe" in your Settlers 4 game folder and overwrite GfxEngine.dll (by pasting your copied one).

3. The resolution of 1024x786 has been overwritten with the chosen custom resolution.

Enjoy your game!

Of course you need to set your game to 1024x786 in order to experience the changed resolution.
To do this, simply change the resolution and adjust the "Screenmode" to 2 in the GameSettings.cfg (in the folder "Config" in your game directory).

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5z8r3t17a … en+Fix.rar

Note: The resolutions in this download are the only ones that are sure to work. Trying to change the resolution to another value might cause the game to reset to the lowest resolution and be unable to use your custom one.

Since the standrad GfxEngine.dll is contained within this mod download, you don't need to backup your file. (But do that anyway [dblpt]))

I hope I didn't forget something.  [dblpt]rolleyes[dblpt]

Greetings
Tarvanis

Added later 22 min 35 s:
Admin, push to download thread if you'd like. Sort of forgot about that one. ^^

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer